Changing styles to suit a story
Finally. Finished. Maybe a few tweaky changes but the book, as a whole, is finished.
The first image is a test illustration I did for the author and the second image is a finished page from the book. I decided to change the look of the image to be more 'punchy' and vibrant. As much as I liked what I had created first off, the niggling feeling it didn't suit the feel of the book wouldn't leave me alone. It felt to0 wishy washy, and although the book is about a mermaid and wishy washy water is all around her, I needed to go with my gut instinct to change it. Strangely, the test page was one of the last pages to get changed into the new look, as I let the other pages lead the way. It's due out this christmas and the author is self-publishing. I'm really hoping I did the text justice and they marry up well. Release date coming soon :)